Linden Heights Baptist Church, Staunton, Virginia, is seeking applicants for the position of Youth Pastor. The Youth Pastor will be responsible for the professional, safe, and effective operation of our Youth ministry program including recruitment and training of additional Youth Ministry volunteer staff as the program grows. It is our goal to use this ministry to lay a foundation for a lifelong commitment to be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ. This is a part-time position, initially requiring approximately 15 hours per week.
Our Youth Pastor will be responsible for the care and biblical education of our teens, ranging from grades six through twelve to include providing a Sunday School program from 8:45 AM – 12:15 PM and a Sunday evening activity from 5:45 PM until 7:15 PM. This position requires completion of High School or Equivalent. The successful candidate must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and be creative, positive, energetic, dependable, and punctual. Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills are required.
The Youth Pastor duties include:
- Overseeing and developing all aspects of the Youth Ministry of Linden Heights including, but not limited to:
- organizing classroom and materials
- development of lessons
- scheduling of workers, substitutions, and Youth Ministry events
- keeping records of expenditures, Youth Ministry budget, and attendance.
- Maintaining visitation, prayer, and outreach to teens and their families.
- Working with other church staff and Pastor to ensure success of the program.
The successful candidate must also:
- demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment, preserve confidentiality, and work well as part of a team.
- demonstrate ability to delegate tasks and communicate clearly.
- have a willingness to learn and accept the guidance of the pastor.
- be willing to share responsibilities with a planning team and other staff members.
- be passionate about helping youth grow in their faith.
- willing to delegate responsibilities to others in areas of weakness.
- recognize one’s own personal gifts and talents as well as areas for growth
- be willing to participate in continuing education.
- possess a valid Driver’s License.
- be willing to undergo a background check.
Starting pay is $20.00 per hour
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to: LHBCsec@yahoo.com .